1. Hide vegetables in food: whether you don’t like the taste of vegetables or it’s a texture thing. Here’s a few ways to sneak veggies into your daily meals without even noticing. (Yes, even you, picky eater)
– Smoothies: chuck a handful of spinach in your favorite smoothie recipe. I promise you won’t even taste it!
– Egg cups: Make breakfast healthy and easy. Mix 6-10 eggs, diced up veggies, bacon or turkey or any kind of meat if you like, cheese if you eat dairy, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Pour into a muffin tin coated with oil or lined with paper and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. These little breakfast muffins reheat in a hurry and are yummy! (http://www.superhealthykids.com/breakfast-egg-cups-recipe/ here is a recipe similar to how I make mine)
– Pancakes: Who doesn’t love breakfast all day? Add spinach to your pancake batter by blending the ingredients all together, cook and freeze for a easy, healthy breakfast or snack (http://weelicious.com/2014/06/12/spinach-pancakes-recipe/ not my recipe but one I’ve used before)
2. Water water water: Did you know you need at least half your bodyweight in ounces of water a day? My favorite ways to keep chugging water are:
– Carry a big water bottle with you at all times! Never leave the house without it. I always have at least a 30 ounce bottle with me 🙂
– Add flavor to your water with fruits, cucumber, lemon, lime. Take a big jug of water, add the fruit or other items and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can also purchase a water diffuser on amazon (it holds the fruit so it doesn’t break apart in your water 🙂 Like this one —> (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023UL86A/ref=asc_df_B0023UL86A5042546/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B0023UL86A&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167154313631&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17801990935447000991&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011041&hvtargid=pla-196348000801)
– Drink sparkling water when you are craving something fizzy I love La Criox, Perrier, and Dasani to name a few. When I go out to eat I’ll ask for a seltzer water with lime if I’m craving something a bit fancier than plain old H20.
3. Get moving:
– If you work a desk job, if you get 2-3 15 minute breaks a day walk during those breaks!
– Park farther away when you go places. Just that added distance each time can add up. Plus people that may have health issues can park closer, you could accidentally be gaining karma with this one too!
– Take the stairs! Forgo the elevator or escalator when every possible and take the stairs
– Start your day with a 15 minute walk outside. It’ll make you feel good and brighten your morning
– End your day with a walk. It’s a great way to help your body digest after dinner
4. Get more sleep:
You need at least 7-8 hours a night.
– Set a reminder on your phone to help you settle down a little earlier
– Turn off devices 30 minutes before bed time. Read a book or just relax
– Set your room up to be a conducive environment to rest. Candles, aroma therapy machines, fluffy pillows, whatever you like.
– Try not to consume caffeine after lunch time.
5. Positive attitude: I know this isn’t always easy…here’s a few ways I try to implement positivity into my daily life.
– Wake up and write down the first thing you are thankful for.
– Say three positive affirmations in the mirror to yourself each morning. One of my favorites is I am strong, talented, and beautiful.
– If you catch yourself thinking negatively try to stop and turn it into something positive. For instance, if I look in the mirror and think I look “flabby” that day. I try to stop myself and point out something I love about myself.
– Write down what you are thankful for before bed each night.
I will be the first to admit living a healthy lifestyle isn’t always the easiest. But it can be! Don’t start with too much too fast. Baby steps! Ask for help! And take your time!